3/10/2013

Spring Nights Lookbook

It has been March for ten days now. I ca hardly believe we are here already. Spring is definitely on the way! 

Woohoo! 

Although it WAS snowing today, but still. I'm sure it was a blip on the weather radar.... finger crossed. 

Spring brings with it a great opportunity for re-birth. And at the moment, I feel like my fashion boundaries are in labour (without the terrible pain.) So with that in mind, I've brought together a Lookbook of outfits I intend to try out/have tried already for the new season. You will notice that some of the pieces and accessories are the same. I am a STRONG believer in owning items that can be worn over and over, and always try to get my cost per wear! 

Look One 

 Hat: Topshop
Blazer: H&M
Waist Belt: ASOS
Skater Dress: Primark
Tights: ASOS 
Jewellery: Primark 

(I wore this look on Friday night and LOVED it. The hat was particularly popular. It got a lot of action!)

Look Two 

Bodycon dress: ASOS
Black Tights: M&S 
Peeptoe Heels: New Look 

This bodycon dress does ALL the talking, so if I wear this out, I'd keep accessories to a bare minimum. At most, I'd make a statement with a bold lip or smokey eye, but no more. Too much and I don't think I could pull it off. 

Look Three 

Hat: Topshop
Bodycon dress: H&M 
Flower cuff: Primark 
Ring: New Look (I think) 
Black tights: M&S
Shoe boots: New Look 

This dress makes such a statement on its own that you don't need to be ostentatious with anything else or you'll draw attention away from it. I'd go for understated jewellery, and my new Topshop hat to coimpliment the punk/rock feel of the dress, and keep my hair a little bit unkempt and wild!! 

Look Four 

Hat: Topshop
Green tunic/dress: H&M (in the Netherlands) 
Ring: New Look (I think)
Flower cuff: Primark
Black tights: M&S
Peeptoe Heels: New Look

 This dress is very, very short. It is not for the faint hearted. Again, I'm keeping accessories simple in this look so it doesn't look overwhelming. If it was chilly out, I'd team this with the black blazer from Look One,  to mix in a bit of masculine with the feminine. 

Look Five 

Hat: Topshop 
Blazer: H&M
Printed skater dress: Primark 
Waist belt: ASOS
Black tights: M&S
Knee high socks: Primark 
Shoe boots: New Look 
Flower cuff: Primark
Ring: New Look (I think) 

This look is very similar to Look One, which is probably why I like it so much. Although this time, I've teamed it with a pair of knee high socks instead of statement tights. I really like the idea of taking a super girly dress and teaming it with a dark, longline blazer. It adds a casual touch, and the masculine style of the blazer constrasts with the feminine quality of the dress. This is probably my favourite look, because it is so versatile. Definitely a Day to Night ensemble! 

Ginger x

No comments:

Post a Comment